Monday, November 5, 2012

perfect baby

My prayer this morning in the shower was that today during the ultrasound we would see a perfectly healthy baby. A baby with a strong heart, working organs and ten fingers and ten toes.

(I use to think that these 3D ultrasound pics were creepy, so so different when its your baby)

Not only did God answer my prayer, we were able to see a sweet smile, a wave, a huge yawn and a sweet little chest rise and fall as baby practiced breathing. Baby is 9 inches long and weighs in about 9 ounces. Baby is bigger than Max was at this stage of my pregnancy. Oy!

My heart was so full and the tears fell. I am in awe with how precious this little life is and am so so thankful to experience this blessing.

Baby's heart rate was much slower then usual, but baby was sleeping. Once baby was awake and moving the heart rate picked back up.

I must say that I was very tempted to find out the gender, but I stood strong. I could have sworn up and down I had seen some little boy parts, but then the ultrasound tech informed me that we were looking at the brain...clearly I am not capable of distinguishing body parts! HA!


The neat thing this time around was every time I saw baby move on the screen, I was able to feel it.

I am even more in love.

Keep growing strong darling baby! Your mommy and daddy and big brother can not wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment